Although it can sometimes be difficult in what are often emotionally-charged circumstances, First Aiders need to remain as calm and objective as possible, especially when there is a medical emergency. Having the training and knowledge to deal with the situation effectively
First aid covers a multitude of skill sets and responses to many medical situations. Its primary aim, is to provide immediate medical care and treatment that will either resolve the situation (in less serious ‘everyday’ cases) or provide an essential short-term emergency stop-gap until professional medical assistance is in place.
The aim of this course is to equip you with the theoretical knowledge, skills and confidence you need to deal with paediatric first aid situations. It covers all of the key topics including: emergency planning, assessing a situation, basic Life Support, CPR, shock, fractures, bleeding and a range of
other minor illness and injuries.
Please be aware that having a theoretical knowledge on its own is not enough to be considered competent in paediatric first aid and practical demonstration in some areas is required to complete this training. Please contact us to arrange this.
Course Duration: 115 mins
The course duration is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions. Learners full name and valid email address are required to register for this online course, please allow 48 hrs for delivery via email of your login details.
- Introduction to Peadiatric First Aid
- Planning and Preparation
- Essential First Aid Knowledge and Skills
- Basic Life Support
- Fractures and Head Injuries
- Shock, Bleeding and Dressing Wounds
- Specific Medical Conditions
- Minor Injuries
- First Aid Documentation and First Aid Kits
The course is accredited by the CPD Certification Service.
Certification in Paediatric First Aid Awarded by CPD
Who is this course for:
- Childcare Professionals
- Those with responsibility for children and/or babies
- Those working in an OFSTED approved Childcare Setting that want to show they have taken update training in paediatric first aid between their three year formal qualification dates
Recommended System Requirements:
• Browser: Up to date web browser
• Video: Up to date video drivers
• Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
• Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
Duration: 115 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).