The main outcome of this training course is to provide you with the knowledge to carry out the functions of a fire marshal.
Please note, this course also contains all of the content in the Basic Fire Awareness and Fire Extinguisher courses. This course covers the same content as the Fire Marshal course with additional content tailored specifically for employees that work in care homes.
Current legislation, The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, applies to all workplaces regardless of the number of employees and requires employers to provide adequate training in fire awareness for all members of their staff.
Our online fire safety training courses are aimed at all employees to assist them in identifying and reducing the risk that fire presents in the workplace.
Fire marshals (sometimes known as fire wardens) are civilians trained to assist in emergency fire evacuation procedures at businesses and other organizations. It is a legal obligation that workplaces must have a sufficient number of fire marshals to deal with fire emergencies.
This course provides extensive knowledge of fire prevention, evacuation protocol and using fire extinguishers.
Course Duration: 220 mins
The course duration is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions. Learners full name and valid email address are required to register for this online course, please allow 48 hrs for delivery via email of your login details.
- Module 1: Chemistry of Fire
- Module 2: Common Causes of Fire
- Module 3: Basic Safety Features in Buildings
- Module 4: Introduction to Fire Extinguishers
- Module 5: What to Do in Cases of Fire
- Module 6: Fire Statistics
- Module 7: Current Fire Safety Legislation
- Module 8: Fire Risk Assessment
- Module 9: Preventative Measures
- Module 10: More Safety Features in Buildings
- Module 11: Role of the Fire Marshal
- Module 12: Action on Fire Discovery
- Module 13: Fire Drills and Evacuation
- Module 14: Fire Extinguishers
- Module 15: Pre-Engagement Action
- Module 16: Using a Fire Extinguisher
The Fire Marshal for Care Homes course is accredited by the CPD Certification Service and approved by the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (ROSPA).
Certification Fire Marshal for Care Homes accredited by CPD & Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents
Who is this course for:
This course is intended for those who have (or are about to have) fire marshal responsibilities at their place of work.
Recommended System Requirements:
• Browser: Up to date web browser
• Video: Up to date video drivers
• Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
• Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
Duration: 50 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).