This course is for people who need to carry out periodic inspections of ladders, step ladders and combination ladders. Under the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations it is a requirement that these inspections are carried out by a Competent Person on a regular basis (3, 6 or 12 months). After completing this Ladder Association accredited course you will be competent to undertake these inspections. Please note that this course can only be undertaken by candidates who have already completed the Ladder Association Ladder and Steps training course. We usually run this course immediately after the Ladder & Steps training course on the same day.
Who is the course for?
You will be competent to
- Accurately record details of ladders and steps
- Identify component parts using industry naming conventions
- Thoroughly inspect ladders, stepladders and indentify safety critical faults
- Record your findings in accordance with the statutory requirements (as outlined in PUWER ACOPs 163)
- Recommend action to be taken if faults are found.
You will have an understanding of
- Legislation and regulations affecting work at height
- Product standards and classifications for ladders & stepladders
- The relevant legislation and guidance and approved code of practice (ACOPs)
- governing the inspection of ladders and stepladders
- The difference between pre-use and formal inspections
- Common manufacturing processes used, and their implications for the cost-effectiveness of repairs
- The difference between maintenance and repairs and who is allowed to do them
- The correct methods of disposal of equipment at the end of it’s working life
- Overview of current legislation & regulations
- Work at Height Regulations (amended 2007)
- Standards & Classifications
- Legal requirements and guidance
- Ladders and component parts
- Initial inspection
- Asset register
- Inspection procedures
- Inspection Documentation
- Manufacturing techniques
- Theory and Practical Tests
MORE FORKLIFT TRAINING
We offer forklift training (counterbalance, reach, pivot steer, Scissorlift, Crane and various PPT ) & certification the same day!
Pivot Steer Bendi Flexi Training