The Emergency First Aid at Work ( Annual Refresher) Online Training Course is designed to develop knowledge and understanding to act appropriately when an emergency situation appears or when someone becomes ill or is injured at work.
What is Emergency First Aid? Well it’s exactly that, the first aid to be offered if an incident occurs. Not many of us are confronted with scenes of blood and gore in our everyday lives – so usually first aid could be as simple as sticking a plaster on a small cut. But what if you did find yourself confronted with a more serious situation. This Emergency aid course will highlight some of the most common situations that you might come across and the actions that you can take to help.
In the most serious situations a first aider’s role will be to assess the scene so that accurate information can be passed to Emergency services and then to act appropriately to try and increase the patients odds of survival.
Course Duration: 150 mins
The course duration is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions. Learners full name and valid email address are required to register for this online course, please allow 48 hrs for delivery via email of your login details.
- What is First Aid?
- Barriers, ABCDs and the recovery position
- CPR and AEDs
- Spinal Injuries
- Head Injuries
- Managing an Incident & Record Keeping
- Burns & Scalds
- Electric Shock
- Eye Injuries
- Anaphylaxis and Diabetes
- Heart Attack & Stroke
The Emergency First aid at Work course is accredited by IIRSM.
Certification in Emergency First aid at Work Awarded by IIRSM.
Who is this course for:
- New employees with minimal or no prior food safety knowledge.
- Employees handling low-risk or wrapped foods (category A).
- Front of house employees, such as waiting or check out staff.
- Back of house employees, such as kitchen porters or warehouse staff.
- People wishing to develop knowledge and understanding to enable them work in a food environment.
Recommended System Requirements:
• Browser: Up to date web browser
• Video: Up to date video drivers
• Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
• Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
Duration: 150 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).